Curbing Inequality & Poverty
Whether you live in the wealthiest nations or the poorest, you can see high levels of inequality in the world. The low income group often have less access to health, education and other services. Hunger, malnutrition and disease afflict this group in a large scale in the society. Therefore, one of Taher’s prioritized missions is in helping farmers & low income group in the Khoshab region to be financially independent.
The “Power of Women” has the greatest potential in economic growth, political stability, and social transformation, which is not yet fully mobilized. It is essential for a vibrant and growing company to create an environment where women can demonstrate their power to the fullest extent. In Taher we aim to establish an environment for both gender’s growth. We adhere to these principles:
1) Establishing high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
2) Treating all women and men fairly at work – with respect, support of human rights and nondiscrimination
3) Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
4) Promoting education, training and professional development for women
5) Implementing enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
For us, sustainability sourcing is crucial. It means that our farm & suppliers meet certain standards & follow responsible farming management. Our company has established a frame work for defining our commitment to sustainable sourcing. In this regard, Agricultural practices, such as soil management, irrigation and fertilizer application and disease and pest control are made sure to comply with our sustainable farming management.
Taher’s goal is to increase the average productivity of crops without using more land, in order to promote soil health and lower pollution level on in the farm.
Water is life. Growing pressure on water resources – from population and economic growth, climate change, pollution, and other challenges – has major impacts on our social, economic, and environmental well-being. The agricultural sector guzzles 70% of the world’s annual water consumption, and it will be one of the first to feel the strain as demand supersedes water capacity. At Taher, our water stewardship plan is focused on two main part of our system, I)farm land and II)factory area. In this regard, we work on:
- Raising Awareness
- Reducing water usage and wastage in our farm land by increasing the efficiency of irrigation system
- Establishing an industry code of practice for irrigation system design
- Intelligently reducing water usage and wastage in our factory
Alone we can do so little, Together we can do so much.